M0rphine - Not just an ordinary gaming blog.

Dorohedoro Calendar 2012

Dorohedoro Calendar 2012

Dorohedoro Calendar 2012

2012 May (Kaiman)

2012 May (Kaiman)

I haven’t seen this hungry lizard face in ages! He looks so happy with his Gyoza and Beer. This reminds me so much of Dorohedoro in early days. Yep it has arrived!! April is just starting right now, thank god this got here slightly before that.

I’m doing a quick comparison post between Dorohedoro Calendar 2011.
The calendar in black & white with laminated artwork, and seems more practical with a little space to write schedule and stuff. The size was same as previous.
I had to downsize the images and I know they aren’t big enough to see but the details are so friggin’ awesome. I’m going to upload it on my Flickr soon so you can see it in 1024 x 1024 800 x 800 pixel.

My dorohedoro posts are becoming quite customary around here, but no more than annual since book releases once a year. Sob. I need new episodes!

2012 April (Kai)

2012 April (Kai)

2012 June (Dokuga)

2012 June (Dokuga)

2012 July (Haru chan & Dr. Kasukabe)

2012 July (Haru chan & Dr. Kasukabe)

2012 October (En & Chouta)

2012 October (En & Chouta)

2013 March (Shin & Noi)

2013 March (Shin & Noi)

Oh my god, I almost burst out laughing when I saw this.
Noi is so carefree and plain happy, on opposite Shin looks so confused and embarrassed, or something indescribable.

I am completely digging this.
The. expression. is. so. fracking. priceless.

There isn’t going to be any new releases until at least winter, but so many things are revealing in story that the series can end at any time. So next might be the very last volume, I’m going to collapse!
Until then, I’ll just calm down and stare at this.

2012 August (Kaiman & Tanba)

2012 August (Kaiman & Tanba)

2012 September (Risu)

2012 September (Risu)

2012 November (Guys)

2012 November (Guys)

2013 February (Nikaidou)

2013 February (Nikaidou)

2012 December (Fujita & Ebisu)

2012 December (Fujita & Ebisu)

2013 January (En Family)

2013 January (En Family)

Dorohedoro Calender 2012 (Back)

Dorohedoro Calender 2012 (Back)

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook1Pin on Pinterest1Share on Tumblr

Related posts

10 Responses to Dorohedoro Calendar 2012

1. winnie @ Apr 05, 2012 at 1:09 am

:0 WOW!!!!
    I am absolutely loving the calendar (i’m trying to buy my own copy on yahoo auctions :p)
    I like how it’s very minimalist, the images just in black and white.
    You’re right, Shin’s expression is priceless, totally expectant of him XDD
    And say it ain’t so, Doro could be ending?! :(
    It was apparent by volume 16 but still… I love the characters too much to want it to end.
    Have two calendars only been released so far, or have there been others published?

• Stilla @ Apr 06, 2012 at 4:26 am

The 2 previous calendars were available for everyone who applied,
      but there was actually a 2006-2007 calendar that was only distributed, by a lottery. 8|
      I didn’t apply because I haven’t even discovered the manga yet.
      (If you haven’t seen it yet search for ドロヘドロ2006~2007年カレンダー for the video posted by some jammy dodger! 8P )

I have to prepare myself for when it does. ;_;
      But I don’t think the series is ending *too soon*!

2. Angelica @ Apr 07, 2012 at 3:47 am

Now I have no idea what Dorohedore is. Is it some kind of anime? The art looks great though.

• Stilla @ Apr 07, 2012 at 4:30 pm

I know that feeling, I come across something trying to figure out if its a TV show, anime, manga, movie or even actor. 8|

And thank you, to introduce it its a manga.
      The artwork is enough to tell its black humour, sprinkles of gore and the twisted sense to just love about. :P

3. Ivan @ Apr 07, 2012 at 10:11 pm

You know what? I am officially jealous to you right now ;_; You got that right – it’s just priceless, innit? My eyes are naturally falling out from such beauty. And ~ah, my lovely Haru-chan, if only Hayashida-sensei could write a more about her and her relationships with Doc – it’s really hilarious, it is! :P
    >> I need new episodes!
    So am I, luv, so am I ;_;
    >>There isn’t going to be any new releases until at least winter, but so many things are revealing in story that the series can end at any time.
    Oh, that feeling in the chest… happy through tears, yeh? Where should I seek such a wonderful heroes AGAIN? ;_;

• Stilla @ Apr 08, 2012 at 12:31 am

There are so much little highlight on Haru+Doc!

I have a feeling that there is something really big that is still being un-wrapped in story, though. :-|
      Other than that, I think it also depends on how deep Hayashida is going to go with the detail.
      Still I just feel so impatient and unsettling, but I’m not the only one. @_@

4. Mallory @ Apr 14, 2012 at 6:04 am

Oh my gosh, I freakin’ adore this calendar … It’s so beautiful! The art is so wacky and disturbing, but somehow still cute and cheerful. Weird! :D

5. Caity @ Apr 18, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Wow that calendar is awesome! I love those images!